Nominate a 124 teacher for BIG APPLE TEACHER AWARD!
The Big Apple Awards, now in its sixth year, is a citywide recognition program that celebrates the educators of New York City who inspire students, model great teaching, and enrich their school communities. By honoring the success of these teachers, the NYC Department of Education recognizes the countless teachers who go above and beyond to serve our students and families.
PS 124 has many great candidates who excel in and out of the classroom – enriching the lives of our children. Who will you nominate???
Why Nominate a Teacher?
- A Big Apple Awards nomination is a great way to show your appreciation for a dedicated educator who has made an impact on you and/or your school community.
- Each nomination contributes to a citywide conversation about teaching excellence and showcases the great work happening in your school community.
- More than 200 nominees are recognized as Finalists, who will be engaged at the district level by their superintendents through a classroom visit and/or interview.
- Big Apple Award recipients are celebrated by the Chancellor and will spend the 2018-19 school year participating in the Big Apple Fellowship and representing teachers citywide as members of the Chancellor’s Teacher Advisory Group.
- All nominees will be considered for additional DOE recognition opportunities throughout the year.
DEADLINE IS MONDAY, NOVEMBER 27